Response to my Cousin David's Post: Hope

Click here to view origional post

I have hope as well my friend. I have had it said to me that we shouldn't vote for Obama because he just saying what everyone wants to hear to get elected. I don't think that's a reason to NOT vote for someone. If everyone thought that way, then you'd have politicians saying everything you DON'T want to hear just to get elected. The logic does not work for me. Yes, he did tell me what I wanted to hear, and now I expect him to DO those things. If he doesn't then we have good reason to impeach him. Even so, we must be patient. To make the largest economic train in the world accelerate forward it will take a great deal of energy and time. The other thing to keep in mind is that the economy naturally goes through cycles. Investors not only know this, they wait for times like this.

What makes me both excited and nervous is a democratic house and senate. Change can be good but too much change, even if it is good, is stressful. We may see the US change drastically in the next 4-8 years and those governed may not be able to keep up. It's one thing to upgrade to new operating system, it's quite another to have to install updates everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment